Business owners will do everything to reduce cost while at the same time increase their productivity. With today’s technology, it is possible through Document Imaging System.
Every year, more businesses are now pivoting around digital. This only means that they are veering away from traditional platforms. Figures from the Local Commerce Monitor study in 2007-2009 assert the fact:
Going with the flow, this doesn’t only happen in large enterprises – the phenomenon surprisingly happens in grass-root levels. Small-to-medium businesses or (SMBs) are now (rapidly even), adapting to digital for none other than commerce.
A chart from National Bureau of Statistics tells us the same story. In a course of short four years, there are evident surges of online goods sales in retail stores from 2005 to 2008.
So what is happening?
Further, another statistic by National Research Council Canada shows that digital technology adaption significantly increases productivity among SMEs despite the barriers to the adoption (i.e., capital costs, lack of resources, etc.)
Target audience are not always the case.
Regardless of the business’ nature, going digital brings more customers and increases productivity and lessens costs – digital trends and solutions make sense more being labeled as a “growth hack.”
Is your business ready for this growth hack?
“The solution to business information are the things that cannot be sold in a box or a mere digital download,” said by J. Kevin Parker CIP. “It is a strategy of business requirements that define IT solutions.”
Acquiring the growth hack to your business needs to be digital inside first and then out – from internal (communication and processes) to external (customer care and product-service delivery). This is because later internal system digitization would create incompatibilities with the ones that exist externally. This late adaptation would result in taking the whole external processes back to the drawing board and redesigning all over again. It is suggested to first digitize all – if possible – internal processes.
To start growth hacking your business, focus on boosting businesses productivity and lessening costs by digitizing internally – let’s start with Document Imaging.
Document Imaging opens new avenues for business productivity.
Business processes incur papers – from financial transaction records, to audit evidences, to agreements, to sales data, to business data and so on. These could be managed swiftly and efficiently through document imaging. Aiim.org says that, Document Imaging “allows organizations to capture paper-based information and convert it to electronic images that are stored in a computer electronically.”
Document imaging has four basic components. These are:
1. Input. The transition from physical to electronic; usually via scanning.
2. Identification (Indexing). The process of how could a user retrieve the files in the future.
3. Storage. Where those electronic files go.
4. Retrieval. The usage of indexes to retrieve the file.
More businesses are round-the-clock investing into document imaging because of the following tremendous benefits:
1. Accessibility. It turns 500-page manual into 200 KB doc file and can be copied across platforms.
2. Ease of Access. It enables access to the files off-the-site and on-the-go.
3. Full-text Search. It allows specific word search.
4. Security. It allows keeping your sensitive files with a password.
5. Space. It literally saves physical space.
6. Real-time Sync. It allows real-time sync to document whatever changes has made.
Turning the paper files into digital doesn’t require laborious preparations. And businesses shouldn’t be held back if papers stacked in their storages are beyond manageable. On the contrary, the more cluttered the records are, the more it is encouraged to have document imaging.
Here are the steps to begin processing papers into digital:
1. Determine the papers to be scanned and managed. Choose papers that are already managed by functional area. This doesn’t only save time, but also requires very little effort to retrieve these papers
2. Put all digital formats into one place to be managed. Emails and e-receipts lying around the inboxes also count as un-managed documents.
3. Choose a good Document Imaging System to start scanning. There is a sheer number of document imaging system in the market to begin with; but a few really are in the roster.
Here are the checklist guides to get a good Document Imaging System:
⦿ Do you need to access your files on mobile and/or online?
⦿ How many users do you need to have an access to the system?
⦿ Is it user-friendly? Do you and your employees understand its interface easily?
⦿ Does the system have indexing features where you can find documents seamlessly in the future?
⦿ Are you sure that the files you upload have enough security protocols as you need?
⦿ Does this system have a collaboration tool? (document sharing, editing, tracking, etc.)?
⦿ And most importantly, do you get what you pay for? Are the price offerings reasonable enough with its features?
To be digital in internal and external services, start with Document Imaging that leverages its features to boost business growth in terms of sales, productivity, and cost-efficiency.
It is not a surprise that businesses continue to strive for digital transformation – it will continue to grow in the coming years.
So, is your business ready for the growth hack?
Want to get a document imaging system in your business for growth? Why not start with Enadoc? Check it for yourself at www.enadoc.com